Monday, October 6, 2008

Paris: Night 2: Ride 1: One of the most beutiful rides ever.


This is a view of down the canal and the back end of Notre Dame


My bike as seen in Paris.


My bike as seen with the Eiffel Tower


The Eiffel Tower as im getting closer


And closer


Yeah, i took this shot to show the crazy detail in this thing, who thought of making this thing?? Why is it here too?

As its getting darker. Paris, is really a totally different city at night, literally. When the lights turn on, the city is so much different!

When I turned around and saw this the immidiate response that went through my head was "Wow, the Eiffel Tower has been americanized." Im not sure why stars make me think that, but it just seems it would have been better if they left the stars off...
This wasnt the only thing the Eiffel Tower did either, remember when t.v's would just turn all staticy with the black and white ants? Yeah, the Eiffel Tower does that too. But i was already pretty far away when i noticed it was happening, im hoping tomarrow night i will be able to catch it.


This here is the Musee Du Louvre It is a huge huge building with a glass pyramid in the middle of it. These buildings and palaces are so huge, i really dont understand what could be inside of it to fill it and to make it useful, you know? Like did someone once live in this thing?? I would get lost.


So i took the picture above this one of the Musee Du Louvre and this was right behind me. Its kind of wierd considering There was one almost exactly like this one in London. With the horses on top of it and everything. I think there is a picture of it in the london section.


This is Paris at night. If you were to see what is here during the day you would be thinking something different. Trust me. You can see the light from the Eiffel Tower in the background.

I think alot about the people who drive under and past all this stuff everyday, just normal life for them. Its crazy...

This building has something to do with the law, it has Justice in its name, i think it was like the palace of justice. But its near Notre Dame. Actually almost directly behind me is the metro station i took home after seeing Notre Dame earlier today.


This is the side of that building.

My bike, as seen in Paris again.


Boom, Notre Dame, night style.


Paris at night again.
The back end of Notre Dame, at night.

Here is another Archway that really just in the middle of the road. The spaces you see on the side is really pretty much all it had, then there were buildings. Pretty cool.


Oh, here are some close up of Notre Dame, i think with the lighting i was able to capture more detail. Oh and there wasnt a huge crowed of people infront of me either.

3 comments:

thefooz said...

lance that building has justice in it. that building is meant for the creation or "leagalization" of wording in the known french language

Anonymous said...

"Musee Du Louvre... These buildings and palaces are so huge, i really dont understand what could be inside of it to fill it and to make it useful, you know? Like did someone once live in this thing?? I would get lost."

The Louvre is where all the kings used to kick it. Basically everytime a new King showed up he would add more onto the original building. It's a huge museum now.

I love reading your travel blog. It makes me so happy tangently. :)

LostGears said...

Lance: you rock son! Love it all. Put it out there and leave nothing behind bro. I envy your travels...and with your bike!

Count me in on the slide show when you get back to TC land.