Monday, October 20, 2008

Palermo: Last day Beach Day

So i am now used to the time change. I am going to bed at a normal time and waking up at a normal time now. Rather than being wide awake at 2 in the morning and forcing myself to sleep, i am now falling to sleep around 11 or 12 at night.

And this morning i was awake at about 8:30. Perfect, free breakfast. The hostel im at has a breakfast from 8:30 to 9:30 and i had me some toast and these little gram cracker things. It wasnt to bad. Oh i also drank a lot of orange juice. For some reason i have been craving orange juice ever since i got to London and it has taken me this long to get my taste.

Morganne and I just kind of hung out and talked about our future traveling plans. She is also thinking about buying a Smart Car when she gets home. Smart Cars are little environmentally friendly hybrid cars and they are everywhere here in Europe. So we were looking at the stats on those. Pretty cool little cars.

After we finally collected ourselves we headed out to a bus station and caught bus number 806 to Mondello. A little village north of Palermo. Mondello is where the beaches are and the bus dropped us off right at the beach, it was perfect.




This beach was like the beaches you see on the commercials for vacationing in the bahamas or jamacia or something, but this is Sicily!

So i went swimming on October 20th in the Mediteranian Sea, and it was warmer water than anytime i went swimming in Traverse City this past summer. I still have sand in my hair and there is sand in my bed. It reminds me of the summer days in TC when sand never seemed to leave me.

Also, in my hair, is salt! Salt water, im not used to this stuff. I jumped in and it was not fresh water. It was very very salty water!

Here are some other pictutres of my stay in Palermo:

This is Morganne using my computer on my bed lastnight.

This is the park that i was talking about, this doesnt do it justice though, there was way more activity than this.




The beach was not down this way...





This was the Tea Room/Bar that we hung out at the other night. It was a really nice place.


No comments: