Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Last day in Paris.

Paris turned out to be much better than when it began, but its too bad that this also has to be the end of the line for my bike. I spent all day either looking for an post service to send it back to the U.S. or looking for a box that would fit my bike. I found both a FedEx office and a UPS office, neither of them didnt had any boxes i could buy from them. So i would scramble around looking for a bike shop, possibly the hardest thing to find in Paris, since iv only found one near my hostel, well, i wasnt near my hostel. I ran into a fellow Fixed gear rider on my search and i asked him where the nearest bike shop was. He couldnt really give me exact directions, but i followed what he told me and then i got lost, but i found a UPS store and an Office Depot. Both had what i needed, just not the right size. It was soo soo close, SO close, but the width was not wide enough. Marcus told me about storing it at Nord, but that would have costed a little too much. So, i told the guy i met in the city that if i wasnt able to send it home today then i would lock it up at Gare De Lyon and email him. He said that he would pick it up and store it untill i come back to Paris and pick it up before i head back to London. His name is Fabrice and it looks like he is the Head Agent in France for this pretty nice clothing company:

www.Ucon-Acrobatics.com

Check it out.
He gave me his card for his company and i told him about Fixedgeargallery.com

So, now, for future stops, im not sure what i will do but, i wont have a bike to ride. I will have to find bikes or something, i dont know...

Amongst all this bad news and the bad day here in Paris i was still able to see one last thing. At the very top of a hill, the highest point in Paris. I climb steps with my bike to Saint Pierre De Montmartre. Unfortunatly your going to have to google image search this one because i was in such mission mode i didnt have my camera. But it is very beutiful, since it is the highest point in france you can look over all of france, and that is also very beutiful.

Tomarrow to Bern, Switzerland.

1 comment:

thefooz said...

lance I'm sorry to hear about the bike situation. But I'm glade that you are still optimistic about your journey. A good thing about your next destination is that Switzerland had an awesome transit system. As for here in tc you are not missing much. It has been cold and rainy for the last week and show no sign of letting up. The cafe has missed your humor and presence. Keep I. Keeping on