Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Paris: Morning 3: Bad News at Gare De Lyon.

They wont take my bike.


So it looks as if i may be going the rest of this trip without my bike. Iv been running all around town today looking for somewhere that can ship my bike back to TC. Iv gone through all my options, i went back to the place that sent my bike from London to here and they said they cant send it back unless i have a ticket to london. If i do that then i would have to keep my bike here in Paris for two months and then stop back here as i head back to London before my Eurail pass expires. I could do that, but i have to find a place to keep it. Iv really actually just been thinking about locking it up to a fence and hoping no one steals it for two months, or so...but i have to figure something out, today.

But, i just found a fed ex location, pretty far away, but...its the closest one, i can ride my bike there. Take it apart, hope they have a box, and get it sent back to the states.

This language barrier isnt helping too much either.

My train leaves at 8:00 tomarrow. I will have to wake up and catch a metro line there.

No comments: