Saturday, November 1, 2008

Barcelona: first clear day.

Cool Building, pretty cool graffiti.
Street Preformer. Aliens Vs....no, not this one, this one is called: Aliens, Meet Humans. It almost looks like the Alien is nicer than the human...or is it???
So, first clear day here in Barcelona. The day after Halloween. I ended up not going out last night either. No one was ready untill after midnight and i just wasnt feeling it then. I had lost the momentum, so i just stayed in and hung out and slept. It was good, i guess. Today I woke up around 10 and ate some breakfast and did some laundry and I was out by noon. I took the subway to Las Ramblas, i think is the street name. It is the popular street, where everything is and where all the cool people go. So i went there. I walked around for a bit and went to the Picasso museum.

I have developed a pretty large appreciation for Museums over here. Its one thing seeing pictures of your favorite paintings, but its another thing seeing the actual original painting. Seeing the brush stroke, the thick oil paint that looks like smeared toothpaste, and seeing the erase and sketch marks on the actual painting. At the National Gallery in London there was a painting by Monet that he did on a beach and you could actually see sand stuck in the paint. Its amazing, im telling you. I get to see paintings that I learned about in Art classes and here I am looking at the ACTUAL painting. Its incredible. Really, you should try it! The Dennos museum is okay and all in TC but, these are incredible. One of these days in Barcelona, not tomarrow because its not open, but I will be going to the Salvador Dali museum...I cant wait.


I baught my first material good, that is a scarf. It is getting colder now, even here in Barcelona, and I dont have a jacket or even a hoodie, so i got a scarf and hoping that at one of the shows i go to i will score a hoddie or something. Untill then, i have a comfy nice scarf that i plan on being with for a long time!

Currently i am trying to make dinner. The stove in this hostel is VERY inadequet though! Its taken almost an hour now to boil some water, iv given up on the water and i just threw the noodz in...so here i am now, waiting for those things to get soft...or soggy. which ever comes first.

Tonight im seeing Russian Circles and These Arms Are Snakes, im pretty excited. Its going to be fun seeing these guys over here in Barcelona. Last time i saw them it was in Grand Rapids. So im pumped. Hopefully the noodz will be done cooking by then though, theyv got about 5 hours, so im hoping something happens with them.

No comments: