Sunday, December 7, 2008

London 2.3...only 3 more days left!

So i come home in 3 nights and two days basically! woop woop...one of these days i'll post the pics of Belgium, sorry on slacking on that. I think the jet lag is already starting to hit me!
Maybe that or im just lazy...i have heard though that the jet lag going BACK to america is much worst than leaving America...so who knows?

Tomarrow im going to start packaging up my bike...the way im going to do it is take all the small pieces off: Pedals, stem and handlebars and im going to put those in my bag, cause i do have some room in there for a couple bike pieces. Then i will take the frame and wheels to a bike shop and see if they have any left over shipment boxes left that will fit my bike. then i will just have to deal with the wheels and frame then, no biggie. Iv decided though that if it starts getting to difficult and i cant find a box or anything that will properly package my bike then I will just leave the frame/fork and the wheels here and ask the bike shop to take the cranks and bottom bracket off for me, that way i can walk away with all the parts that actually have worth. The frame is just an old Schwinn World Sport from the 70's...the only thing thats worth something on that is the paint job, which has more emotional worth than anything, i think i can get over that...although i'll never forget my first fixie being the purple fixie of Traverse City. Then the wheels, they are the Pake rim set, pretty cheap, but I'v put those things through alot, they have taken quite the beat'n and for anyone building their first fixed gear bike i would suggest that rim set, definatly. They are strong and smooth and cheap, i think i got my set for just a little over $200. Iv certainly gotten my $200 worth out of them and i think im ready for a new set up. Everything else can fit in my bag im sure. The skrews on the pedals are a bit rusty from the Paris rainfall but those are easily replacable....really, its all just a matter of getting all that stuff off alright, cause i have a feeling that after sitting outside in Paris for two months that equipment has become no less than PART of that frame. So, iv got a little work ahead of me, but i think its a good plan. My plan was to retire the frame when i got home anyways and have a new project during the winter. So maybe i just wont have a frame to hang on my wall...maybe i will though.

So today I went to the nearest bus stop, baught an all day pass and hopped on the first bus that came. The only thing i knew about it was that it was going towards Trafalgar Square...which is where all the tourist spots are or whatever you want to call them. So I got on the bus and rode it for a bit. I got in sight of Big Ben and the House of Parliment Funk, so i got off, I was only IN SIGHT of it, there was still quite the walk. But thats what i wanted.

One thing iv learned on my adventures is that you can not fully appreciate a city or town or village untill you can really get lost and still be safe and comfortable knowing that you can easily find your way home (So really are you lost at all???). Because this way you can just walk and not have to worry about getting lost, you can really take in the whole city and not only see what you want to see but see so much more, because your head isnt burried in a map all the time!

So that was my task today, to get lost. Well i got lost and clearly i made it home safe. Not only did i go see Big Ben and Parliment funkadelic but after that i hopped onto another bus that took me to a completely different part of the city. From there i went on the search for this bar that i have gone to here a couple times for these local shows here. I had no idea where or how to get there, all i knew about it was that it had tall construction next to it, so if i was able to get in sight of that, then i would be able to find it. Well I found it. Then from there i went and found this place that Simon took me to the first time i was in London, its called Red Veg, its really like Vegan fast food. This place i really had NO IDEA where it was, i just knew it was near by, well i found that too, and i ate there, it was good. Then i came home and now im doing this...

I have 2 days and 3 nights, woop woop! And Im really happy with the way things are going here in London!

No comments: