Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pre-europe traveling and thinking.

Iv got a week and a half before i get on the plane. But iv only got a week before i have to drive down to chicago. I feel like i should be preparing myself better and contributing more effort to get the list of ONE HUNDRED things done!

I have to be packed up and out of my room by saturday. Thats pretty much the numero uno deal, right there. Getting all of my garbage and clothes and books and stuff out of this room and finding a place to keep it. And also getting rid of all of these cd's iv got. Once i do that then my shelves will be cleared and the majority of my cleaning will be done. Iv already sold a box load of my cd's to Sound It Out Records downtown, but iv got probably another 4 boxes left for them. Its just they wont be able to afford to take them all this week, so i can only take one more to them pretty much and just keep the rest for when i get back. That way i will be able to get money when i get home because i will be BROKE. I can garuntee myself that one, i will not have money by the time i come home.

I have my rail pass now though, it came in the mail and my parents got it to me today. So i can look at that thing and get pumped, right? I can also look at the rail booklet that tells me the times and stuff for the trains. I also see that i will get a bed on the train. So thats good.

I baught a camera the other day, so now i can upload pictures and all that to this blog deal so you can see everything im doing. I used it for the first time lastnight, i went to grand rapids and saw Ratatat and Panther play. It was real good, i also got to see a bunch of people i wasnt expecting to see, like Pat and Jeff and Matt H. So thats pretty cool, Iv been able to see alot of people in the last couple weeks before i leave that i wanted to see.
Unfortunattly im doing some things on my computer right now and all the USB ports are taken so i cant upload those pictures yet, but when i do within the next couple days, this will be the first place they go...not myspace.

This coming week, along with the long list of ONE HUNDRED things, iv got a couple interuptions in the middle of it, besides work. Im driving to Detroit on tuesday to see Sigur Ros, for the third time. Thats another chance to use this camera. And then on Wensday, my only day off this week where im not driving to detroit i have to sit and endure as much pain as i can for at least one hour so i can get this tattoo done by the time i leave. Iv only got a little over a foot to go on it and we get about a foot done with every session its just this is also along the side of my upper torso, which you can ask anyone who has gotten a tattoo there, it is definatly very painfull. One of the top most painfull spots to get a tattoo on your body, and im going straight through with solid black ink. Yay, could be doing something a little more beneficial to my trip? Yes.

But, i have gotten my bike all figured out, with the whole transportation thing. And i got a really nice backpack, and a real nice tent and sleeping bag, and a nice camera, and a computer and ipod, and my passport and my plane ticket and rail pass. So i do have pretty much the necessities done. Meaning: If i could just get up and go now, than i would, easily. But i cant, i still have these other things to do.

Iv been thinking alot about my travels, as i should be. But im already thinking about when i come home. What it will be like when i come home. Iv travelled before, out of traverse city, but its been in more comfortable settings and situations. Not as much question asking. This time im leaving and it seems like im going to a completely different world, and when i come back this place just wont be the same, in my mind. Or it could be...like i see my changes being internal or external. My changes are actually inside of me, my mind and emotions and what not, they are inside. Or my changes could be just like an attatchment to me, to what i already have. I hope its that one, where they are just an attatchment to what i have. I probably have control over what they do to me. But i just keep thinking about the flight home and when i get back into traverse city. I will be arriving in the middle of the winter, its going to be crazy i think. Then i have a few days off from work and then i get back into it three days after i get home. Like i get back into my normal routine of now. Get up and go to work, hang out with friends and see people. That just seems really wierd after im gone for two and half months, travelling around on a train with nothing but a bag of clothes and a bike, for two and a half months. Then i just come home and get back into my so called "usuall". Thats just one of the deals you have to deal with when you travel, i guess.

I really just have no idea what to expect. I cant wait to meet the people, see the landscape, see the music, feel the emotions, and then come home and see the perspectives and tell the stories.

I dont know.

No comments: