Saturday, September 27, 2008

Packaging bikes.


So, doesnt look like my bike will be able to be ridden in chicago. This here is a picture of me holding my bike, all packaged up, ready to fly. I was going to try and get some pictures of my bike to post on here before we packaged it up, but i was to busy, so this is what it looks like when it is ready to fly over the ocean. This is mega wrapped up. I thought i was going to take it to my dads work, take the pedals off, turn the handle bars and put it in a giant bag. Nope, this is what my dad said in the midst of the packaging frenzy, "We are making this thing gorilla proof". Well he must have forgotten a few things: Gorillas, as well as multiple other wierd things, arent allowd on planes, Gorillas arent exactly a species that you will find in the united kingdom, and most importantly, his son is not a gorilla. Now this is what i am going to have to deal with when i get off the plane, some how penetrate this industrial bag usually used to cover heavy machinary, and cut through industrial strength tape. Thankfully we were smart enough to stash a razor blade amongst this mess so i can cut through all of this packaging with ease, its just that razor blade is WITHIN the bag and the box that it is in is tapped shut. So, there is that cool stuff!

Im sitting in Serenity with my friend laura, im eating the last Avocado Classic for the next two and half months. I just got the news that i may be leaving tonight, not tomarrow. Well im ready now. Backpack is stuffed, bedroom is empty. Im good to go.

No comments: