Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What to do?

So Casey moved out of the apartment this past week. This is the first time iv ever had a place to myself. Its pretty wierd. I dont know what to do with myself, iv been watching alot of movies...well, not alot of movies just a couple movies but i'll watch them alot. I watched the the entire Lord Of The Rings trilogy about 4 times in the past 2 weeks...didnt know i was such a big fan of the series. I watched half of Cast Away with Leah today after we went and got her nosed pierced. Then i just got done watching O Brother, Where Art Thou. Iv watched that once everyday for the past 3 days.

My sleeping pattern has been thrown off too...pretty bad. Since New Years Eve basically, i literally dont think iv recovered yet from New Years Eve! I worked at the opera house from 9 in the morning to 4 in the morning, then after that i went and hung out at Serenity with those boys for an hour.

Since this summer i have been working on this tattoo on the side of my body, i finally got it all filled in. Its a solid black line, about an inch and a half wide that goes up from my ankle to just under my arm pit. Its taken over 4 months to complete and ALOT of pain. But its done now. The reason why i did it was pretty much for self discipline. I have found that self discipline has slowly crept into my lifestyle over the past year and has made itself a pretty important aspect of my lifestyle, being vegan and straight edge and all. My definition of fun isnt going out and drinking my nights away, iv got to find better, more productive and more creative things to get my endorphins moving. I cant just go to burger king or any ol' resteraunt and order the special of the day, iv got to find food that doesnt have ANY animal bi-product in it and that includes milk, eggs, and cheese. These are all my choices that i have made and i have to follow through with them as far as i can and I do not see an end in any of choices. So therefore one of my best friends is a lil something called Self Discipline. I jumped into this tattoo on the side of body basically saying that if i can get through the pain and time of doing this then any of my future endeavors that may seem to tough or too exhausting may come to me a little more easier than what one would expect.
Now if you were to ask me though what the line meant, i would say "So i can look kinda cool when im riding my bike through downtown...naked." But thats the quick and suprisingly more accepted answer.

That was also a reason why i took on the challange of preparing my self and following through with a two and half month back packing adventure throuhg Europe.

Well enough about that.

The future is now and now is when i have to plan for...

Dont know what im doing now, or next...im just kind of chilling and trying to get back on track here...still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come to peru with me in february! i'm going to marry my long lost chilean lover....

and i'm going to mexico in may, for music for chiapas, so keep that in mind as well.....