Tuesday, April 14, 2009

News for the Newdies....and drool for the school

So, i have been helping my parents move into town for the past couple of weeks. Its pretty exciting knowing that they are a mere bike ride away from me now. In fact i have already ridden my bike to their house once already. I cant even describe where they live, other than its near the library. Past the Library on the tart trail. There, thats how i will describe it. So thats cool. But its wierd to think that one of these visits back to my parents old house is going to be one my last visits back to the house i grew up in. Probably in about a year i wont be able to go back there, someone else might be living there. In the house that I (imagine that I being really big) grew up in! So wierd....so wierd....

Im thinking about posting more in this thing....THINKING about it though...thats all, alright. I'll post this one, giving a brief (Probably unsatissfying) update on my life or my SO-CALLED-LIFE. Then it will be at least another month before i post another unsavory update of my so called life.

I dont even see why anyone would read this thing though either, its not like im doing anything exciting like swimming in the mediteranian sea in october or riding my nike through London and/or under the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Speaking about bikes: The frames finally came in so all iv got to do is get the frame to the powdercoating warehouse and pay for it. I can pay for it whenever cause im loaded (Clearly), the hardest part is the powdercoating. Hopefully it all be done in a timely matter. Once thats done all i got to do is get a wheel set and a few odds and ends then my bike will be complete. Yippy............

I am still at the bike gallery and oryana and porterhouse.

I have currently lost interest in typing in this thing, but i am going to continue to try....


See, i only really think about typing in this thing when im sitting at the gallery, which is pretty appropriate i think.

.......

Welp, an old teacher of mine just walked into the store. She was my english teacher from highschool. Ms. Famiano. She was also one of my favorite teachers in pretty much my entire education career. If she was working as an english teacher at NMC im pretty sure id do alot better there....

Speaking of NMC and college, and education as a whole: I really do want to get back into college. I have a better idea of what i want to be and what i want out of college now. Its just due to my lack of....drive in my past school endeavors i feel i have pretty much screwed myself on all future education endeavors. Basically i just see it being really hard for me to get into a college or university outside of....NMC, also known as "NO MORE CHOICES", which holds so true to me. I never took the ACT or SAT tests, i dont know how i could have let those things slide, who ever thought that that was even just an alright idea? Because now thats pretty much what is holding me back from well...everything id say. And sure i have college credits under my name now and all but they are certainly not acceptable, for the standards i wish to be hold NOW in my life. They range between average and below average......at best. So those certainly arent going to help me get into an outside school. And with that and the no SAT or ACT scores...this is certainly a time in my life when i can safely say that Everything is going against me right now. It just seems like for me to get back into school its going to be almost impossible......

Then there are people like my sister, who has gone to school, gotten good grades and has a good GPA and has been awarded like best student or whatever and she is doing the same thing she was doing before she went to college. Its just now she is in a bigger city....working retail.....at a clothing store......in a mall.....and then i see that, and im like "oh, so thats where college gets you...alright.....".........

yippy...

But i'll admitt, after being away for sometime now and exploring my choices (knowing what i want) and boundries (knowing what i dont want) a bit more i do see the importance of college and education and degrees (i guess....) and i feel now i could benefit from them WAY more then i could two or five years ago....and im certainly ready to buckle down and take the bull by the horns and do this. But now is when the sandpaper (Reality) comes in........


So, i cant see myself trying NMC again. Its out of the question really. Basically this summer what i want to do is take my SAT and ACT. Somehow figure out how i can do that...and do it. I want to try and have a score between average and above average. That way iv got a better chance of getting into a college i want to get into. And on top of taking those tests i need to work and make as much money as i can so i can move away in the fall. To Boston. Cause thats basically a very large college town with a ton of colleges in it, so iv got to get into one of them, right? I want to get into a college, and cram as hard as i can and do my best to complete and get into a graduate school, thats when i will slow down a bit more and be able have a bit more of a specific focus. Cause what my goal is, for school is to learn everything i can about nutrition and diets and...basically everything scientifical about food and eating, i guess....not so much the creation part like culinary, but NUTRITION. And when i graduate and get out of school, well....i will just know more about food then what i do now, and thats basically the main and sole reason for why i want to go back to school. Im not thinking about a career or anything like that...iv gotta take small baby steps first.

So, for my first baby step towards getting back into school, iv gotta figure out if a 22 soon to be a 23 year old dude can take his SAT and ACT still.....and then lets go from there....


Alright, lets get out of the dreadful education hole i have dug myself into and back onto the mountain that i have built, battled, and conquered by setting it to blaze:

What i have been listening too:

Mastodon - Crack The Skye (Title track is possibly one of the best metal songs iv ever heard)
Rusko - Fabriclive
Bat For Lashes - Two Suns
Flying Lotus - Discography
Battles - DIscography
Bob Marley - Legend

3 comments:

Cerebral Reviewment said...

wait so..who's bike have you been riding around? i thought that was your new one, if not, what color are you deciding on for yours?

Lance P. said...

Iv been riding lenders from the gallery. Im going on a dark grey form and purple fork. I cant wait to get it all put together, this summer is going to be so much fun!

leah said...

i didn't know you had a sister! and i like reading about your "so called life" okay!?